Monday 3 February 2014

Music to my Ears

I WISH I could play a musical instrument, but unfortunately the recorder in Primary School and the clarinet in Year 7 doesn't really qualify, especially because I wouldn't have the foggiest how to play either of them now! I'm from a very musical family, my mum is a beautiful singer, along with my Aunty, cousins and grandparents and while visiting my grandparents on the weekend Miss M had her first attempt at playing the piano. My grandparent's piano has held pride of place in their formal sitting room ever since I can remember and I have many fond memories of family sing-alongs at Christmas time and happy birthdays sung in two part harmony around that piano. It's not only a source of joy in the music it provides, but the piano is also a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. So I was wondering if the musicians out there have considered showing their instruments a little more love and bringing them out of the cupboard. I've found some beautiful examples of how instruments can be incorporated into home styling. Who knows, it may even prompt you to practice more often!






via Segreto


via 2BP




I'll certainly be looking at my hubby's guitar in a different light from now on. But having said that, I don't think I could come at displaying a musical instrument that someone in the house didn't play or have some sort of sentimental connection to. What about you? Would you display an instrument purely as artwork?

No comments:

Post a Comment